Thursday, October 20, 2011

Setting Goals

I was listening to a Jillian Michaels Podcast last night and she made a comment to someone that really hit home with me.  This lady was having a really hard time staying motivated to diet and exercise.  Jillian asked her why she wanted to lose weight.  The only reason that she could come up with was that she wanted to be healthier.  Jillian said that was the reason that she couldn't stay motivated.  She needed to make some specific goals, not something vague like "be healthier".  Then every time that you are tempted to not workout, or you are tempted to eat something that you know you shouldn't, you can think of those goals and decide what's more important to you.

So, I've made myself some short term and long term goals.  Some of them (obviously) will have to be accomplished before I move on to the next goal.  Also, I'm sure that my list will grow.  But for now, on the right hand side of my blog I've made a list of my current goals.  Can't wait to start crossing some of them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment