Saturday, October 15, 2011

c25k Wk 4 Day 1

Typically I do the c25k on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday.  Then I give myself two days off from it before starting the new week.  But, today I felt fantastic and really wanted to get started on week 4.  This week seemed a bit intimidating, and I've mentally sabotaged myself several times already.  So I thought that I would be better off starting the new week while I mentally felt fantastic rather than waiting until tomorrow and possibly being more nervous.  I am so glad that I did!!! 

Just for some info for anyone not familiar with this program.  Week 4 is:
  • 5 minute warm up
  • 3 minute jog
  • 1 1/2 minute walk
  • 5 minute jog
  • 2 1/2 minute walk
  • 3 minute jog
  • 1 1/2 minute walk
  • 5 minute jog
  • 5 minute cool down
Didn't I just barely figure out how to jog 3 minutes?  Those 5 minutes were intimidating!  But I did it!!!  I can't believe just how far I've come in such a short time!  I mean, the first day I couldn't finish all of my 1 minute jogs and today I did two 5 minute jogs!  I did slow down a bit towards the end of each of the long jogs.  I typically set my treadmill at between 4.5-5.0 when I jog.  With about a minute or so left in the first 5 minute jog I felt like I HAD to stop, but instead I just went to a slow jog at 4.0.  I figured that I'd much rather go slow then not finish it.  That worked out great.  Did the same thing for about the last 2 minutes of the second 5 minute interval.  My goal by the end of this week is to stay at the faster jog for the entire time frame.

Can't wait to tackle day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment