Tuesday, October 18, 2011

c25k Wk 4 Day 2

1 more day down!  I am almost halfway done!  Feeling so good.  I actually did this yesterday, but didn't have time to blog about it.  I'm still struggling with my breathing, but I can see that I am doing better every single time.  I know that it will come!  A lot of times I feel like my legs are doing great and could go even farther, but my lungs are just not cooperating.  One step at a time, I will accomplish this!  Today I still did need to adjust my jog speed a bit throughout the long jogs, but I never stopped.  That feels great.  Also, I did end up adding an additional minute of walking time between the last 2 jogs.  I just didn't feel like I was ready to start that last one.  My heart rate was still sky high and I was still really out of breath.  That additional minute of walking worked perfectly and got me ready for the last jog.

I'm kind of debating if I can speed up the program a little bit.  I work out every single day, so why not jog 2 days in a row?  I think that I might just need to listen to my own body, see if I can handle that or not.  I would like to be done with the program by Thanksgiving so that I can do my first 5k that week, but if I stay exactly on track with this I will just barely finish in time.  But if I have to repeat any days, I wont be done in time.  BUT if I occasionally work out 2 days in a row, it'll give me some cushion to be done by Thanksgiving.  I don't know, I'm still trying to decide what to do.  I'll probably just go for it one day and see how it works out.  If I majorly struggle then I'll know that two days in a row wont work for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment