Tuesday, October 4, 2011

c25k Wk 2 Day 2 + more

Just finished Week 2 Day 2.  Felt great again.  I am glad that I've been doing it on the treadmill rather than outside.  I think that's made a big difference.  Once I build up my endurance, I'll give running outside another shot!  The one thing that is worrying me is that I am typically a bit out of breath every time I get to walk.  And next week's program has a couple of 3 minute jogging sections.  That worries me.  If I have trouble controlling my breath in a 90 second jogging section, how will I handle 3 minutes?  I tried to concentrate on my breathing today, but I still struggled with that.  One more day to work on it before next week!

Also, I've been trying to decide on what exercises to do in order to sort of round out my c25k workouts.  Typically when I work out, I do it for an hour of more.  So, the 30 minutes has been bugging me.  A friend of mine told me about the 100 push ups and 200 sit ups programs.  They are similar to c25k where you have intervals of working out and then resting, each time increasing how many push ups/sit ups you do.  It's a great way to build up endurance in each of those areas.  I have to do modified push ups at the moment, but if I can increase my strength doing modified ones, soon I should be able to do full push ups. 

So that was my workout today!  I can't wait to see just how much I can improve in all 3 of these programs over the coming weeks!

Current Weight Loss: 11.5 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment