Friday, October 7, 2011

c25k Wk 2 Day 3

Week 2 is officially done!  Again, I really tried to focus on my breathing, although not really all that successfully!  I think that's one of those things that is just going to improve with time.  The funny thing is that I seem to struggle the most when I'm walking!  It's like I am trying so hard to keep myself from being out of breath during the jogs that then as soon as I walk it hits and I am trying to catch my breath!  I'm still pretty scared about the 3 minute jogs coming up, but I'll just have to take those 1 at a time and see how it goes!  If I end up having to repeat that week, so what?  There certainly isn't any shame in that!

I know that a lot of people have said not to worry about speed at this point.  Just work on your endurance and the speed will come later.  But I did try to push myself a bit today for the speed.  I normally walk at a 2.5 and jog at a 4.5.  Today I tried to walk at least part of the time at a 3.0 and on my last jog I pushed myself to a 5.0.  That last jog was a bit of a stretch for me, I really had to mentally push myself to finish it.  I kept wanting to just stop!  But I did make it through and I've been happy to see that my total distance covered has slightly increased each workout.  It'll be fun to see just how much that improves over the course of the program! 

I did seem to struggle a bit more today that I did on Tuesday, but I think that might have been because of the timing of my workout.  I've been trying to do this at the start of my day, but today I didn't get to it until the very end of my day.  I think that was the big difference.  I'll have to try harder to do it first thing in the morning! 

Bring on Week #3!

No comments:

Post a Comment