Monday, October 10, 2011

c25k Wk 3 Day 1

I mentally sabotaged myself!  For the last week I have been way too focused on and worried about week 3 starting.  I have been stressed out about the longer jogging intervals, sure that I couldn't do it.  In fact, I stressed out so much about it that I put off working out most of the day!  But I DID finally get it in late last night.  So, here's how it went.  Just before my first long jog I decided that the smartest thing for me would be to cover up the timer on my phone (I have the iPhone app) and just wait for it to tell me to walk again.  That way I wouldn't be stressed out about how much time I had left.  I'd just let myself jog and not think about the time frame.  It actually worked out pretty well!  I gave in and peeked at the time towards the end, but I only had 20 seconds left and I was determined to finish.  Unfortunately, over the next 6 minutes, I completely psyched myself out!!!  For some reason I didn't cover the time on the last long jog and I was so worried the entire time.  I ended up stopping with just 30 seconds left.  I truly think that I had the ability to finish, I just let my own worries cause me to stop. 

On Tuesday I am going to make myself keep the time covered and I am just going to need to believe in myself!  I KNOW that I can finish this workout and this week!!!  Wish me luck!

Current Weight Loss: 14 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment