Saturday, November 5, 2011

Ironman Challenge

Excited, nervous, and a bit scared about a challenge that I've decided to join.  It's called The Ironman Challenge.  Basically, the challenge takes all of the things/distances that you would do in an Ironman Triathalon.  You then have 2 weeks to accomplish it all.  The crazy thing is thinking about someone being able to finish it all in 1 day!!!  For those of you not familiar with the Ironman, here's what it consists of -
  • 2.4 Miles Swimming
  • 112 Miles Biking
  • 26.2 Miles Running
I'm not a good swimmer, so that part worries me a bit.  I love cycling.  And I'm getting better at running every day.  I think that this will be a lot of fun and a great challenge. 

Since I'm going to be running just about every day, I'll stick with my Couch-2-5k program, but do it every day rather than only 3 times a week.  I actually have 4 weeks (12 workouts) left in the program.  I wonder if I can finish it all in the 2 weeks?  We'll see! 

Really excited to challenge myself to accomplish this!

No comments:

Post a Comment