Saturday, November 26, 2011

c25k Round #2

Today I started round #2 of the c25k plan.  I have changed 2 things up this time around.  First off, I've increased my speed.  Instead of jogging at between 4.0-4.5, I stepped up my speed to 6.0.  That seemed like a really good speed for me to start out with, it feels attainable, while still pushing me above where I currently am.

The second thing that I changed was the incline on the treadmill.  I have NEVER walked or jogged at anything other than 0 incline.  I never even think of touching that button.  I know that in order for me to ever jog outside, I need to get used to inclines.  So, for the first half of my workout, I put the incline at 3.0.  Jumped it up to a 4.0 for the second half.  I absolutely could feel the difference! 

This workout pushed me.  I know it might sound crazy, but it felt FANTASTIC to push myself harder than what I've been doing.  I can't wait to keep this improvement up.

At the end of the 30 minute plan, I continued walking on the treadmill in order to bring my workout up to an hour.  I bumped to the incline up to 6.0 and then slowly kept increasing it, ended up walking the last 9 minutes at an 8.0.  I was definitely working some different muscles!  I guess we'll see just how much I feel this workout tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment