Sunday, September 25, 2011

Couch-to-5K

Today I am officially starting the Couch-to-5K Running Program (C25K).  For those of you that have never heard of it, this is a 9 week program to help you get ready to run a 5K.  You start out with short times of running with longer intervals of walking.  Each week the running intervals are increased while the walking is decreased.  It's basically a program for beginners to finally get into running. 

I am a complete novice at running.  I've been worried about even trying to do it, so I've just steered clear.  But I have a number of friends that love to run, as well as some people in my life that told me that they used to hate running and now they are practically addicted to it.  They crave a good long run.  So, I'm giving it a shot!  I'm not sure if I will become one of those people that love to run or not, but at the very least this is a great workout and a great way to increase my health.  So Week 1, Day 1, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment