Tuesday, September 27, 2011

c25k Wk 1 Day 2

Got to be honest, today really sucked!  I was better prepared today than I was Sunday.  I bought a new pair of running shoes, that helped.  I didn't forget my sunglasses, which made it nice to not have to squint into the sun.  And I took more water which was a very good thing.  But otherwise, I MAJORLY struggled.

I was a bit worried to begin with.  Yesterday, on my day off from the program, I did a normal workout for me, Kickboxing.  I LOVE kickboxing, but it is certainly not an easy workout.  And I got up today with my legs stiff and aching from the workout.  Not a good start to work on jogging!  I was really keeping my fingers crossed that the 5 minute warm-up would help to loosen my legs up.  Nope, didn't work the way I had wanted.  So, I think that I need to give my legs a day off tomorrow.  Maybe I'll do arm weights or something else instead.  See if the day off makes a difference to Thursday's jog.  If it does, I'll probably need to rethink what days I do this program.  I'm not willing to give up kickboxing, so maybe I'll change to Wed, Fri, Sun or something like that.

I also realized just how mental this program is!  I had a couple of my jogs that I cut short a bit, but I was so determined not to cut that last jog short.  I was only 30 seconds in and my legs were screaming at me to stop.  But I ignored it, pushed through, and finished that last jog.  Hopefully I'll be able to increase my mental toughness so that I can push through more often. 

I really hope that I can complete Thursday's workout without stopping.  I MAJORLY don't want to have to repeat Week #1!  I know that the chances are I will have to repeat some weeks, but I want to at least make it through the first one!

1 comment:

  1. Something I've figured out as I started running was that it's just easier to keep going. No matter how much your legs are telling you to stop, it's easier to keep going than to stop and try to start again. You will probably always have good runs and icky runs. Usually, at least in my experience, the really good runs come the time after the really sucky ones.

    ReplyDelete