Wednesday, May 2, 2012

5/2

I've been away from home since Saturday (house/puppy sitting 45 minutes away from my house), and I've struggled with that.  I have exercise classes that I love to go to, but when I'm on my own to workout I just don't do as well.  I've been working on push ups, and doing core work every day, but that's about all that I've done for 4 days.

Today, I knew that I was going to need to find time to go by my house for a bit.  So I made sure and timed it so that I could go to a workout class at my gym.  The class was an hour and a half.  The first hour was 100% cardio.  And the type of cardio we did changed every 10 minutes.  The last half an hour was all core work.  I have never done this class before, and it was pretty crazy!  Fantastic workout though!  The instructor is one that I've gone to a few of her classes, but I've never worked with her on a regular basis.  I swear, I think that she's a robot!  I have never seen someone with so much energy!  She was doing crazy hard stuff and never seemed to even get tired! 

The classes that I am able to attend each week are sometimes determined by what days off I have at work.  I think that each week that I'm able to I will definitely be hitting this class.  I really think that it'll be a challenge for me, which is something that'll be good for me. 

Tomorrow I think I'm going to attempt jogging again.  We'll see how the back feels after that.

Also - Update on my weight loss goal.  I am currently down 3.5 lbs, 28.5 to go!

2 comments:

  1. I've just read your entire blog (instead of working out) and want to say how inspired I am by you. Even with the back problems you are hanging in there. Keep working on those exercises. My husband has back issues but won't do the exercises he needs. Also, talk to m-cat and make sure you have the correct shoes. I know you bought some when you started your journey - definite good thing to do. But if they've worn down any, it could lead to issues as well. I, too, have done the C25k and completed it but then life interrupted. That and my shoes wore out and I couldn't afford a decent pair of new ones. Anyway, you have inspired me to start again.

    Keep up the good work you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragment! I must admit that at times I get kinda embarresed admitting to these things on a blog, but if I can inspire even one person it'll all be worth it! Thanks!

      Delete