Monday, May 7, 2012

Why do I do this?

I really wish that I could somehow take a snapshot of exactly how I'm feeling right now.  Then the next time that I decide it's a good idea to eat a bunch of junk food/fast food, I could just pull out that picture and remind myself why I don't want to eat that!!! 

Since that's just not possible, I'm going to try to describe this feeling.  Hopefully that'll work as well for a reminder to myself!  I went to kickboxing this morning, and instead of having energy for a great workout, I felt horrible.  I had zero energy.  My stomach ached.  I felt like I was going to throw up.  My head felt fuzzy and unfocused.  And I just wanted to throw my hands in the air and give up.  That's what I get for eating processed junk!

When I eat healthy foods, I feel 100% better!  I have more energy and just all around feel great. 

So why do I still go back to that unhealthy junk on a regular basis?  Maybe it's selective amnesia.  I tend to forget just how this stuff makes me feel!  So here it is, in black and white, in my own words.  The next time I'm tempted by junk food, I need to pull up this post first. Hopefully that'll be enough of a reminder to myself to make a better choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment